Friday, 19 October 2012

Amethyst - The stone of spirituality


(Hello wonky fingers)


I kept my outfit for college pretty simple today as we were going to the RSPCA (heart breaking) and the animal testing labs in Portsmouth Uni, which was interesting but I'm not for. 

This post is really for my gorgeous necklace, it's an amethyst crystal, which some people believe has 'healing' and 'enhancing' purposes, you could call it this particular one is said to cure insomnia; I find things like this fascinating.  

I got it  from Harts+Crosses which is a lovely online store mainly selling jewellery but also accessories and a few vintage items, which I think is a pretty new thing. I featured this necklace on my wishlist here after it had gone in the sale for just £3 and mentioned it on twitter; where it turned out to be the last one left and @hartscrosses actually reserved it for me for when I was ready to buy it! I thought this was lovely and I think she really went out of her way for me, which I'm so grateful for. NOT only did she do that but she even included the two rose rings as a little freebie. You should definitely check the website out!

On a side note, I'm pretty sure I've chosen what to course I'd like to do for college when I go back for another two years,  a bore I know but I found the course I'm on just isn't for me even though I adore animals! It's a fashion and clothing BTEC Level 3 Diploma (I'm no good at exams) at Southdowns College, if you want to check it out just click here! :) 

Love
Courtney x




1 comment:

  1. Necklace is really cute! Want one!
    Erica xo

    Do you love vintage giveaways? - www.sushiturtlesandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete