Sunday, 31 March 2013

Making those down days better!

This is a little something different and got the sudden burst of inspiration for it last night half 10 (which is when I wrote it) and funnily enough having a down day! Now I don't know about anyone else but when I feel rubbish, I just want to sit on the sofa with my quilt acting and feeling sorry for myself. Now I'm pretty sure I'm not the only girl or boy (let's not discriminate people) having down days whether because of mother nature (you all know what I mean, talk about tmi) or any other reason, so I thought why not write how I try to cheer myself up!

1. Make an effort with your appearance!
I know how easy it is to sit there, in your pyjamas, but dressing in your favourite outfit or doing your hair and make up helps lift your mood; It just gives you that little bit of self confidence you're lacking! (you've you got to fake it to make it;))



2. Your favourite foods and drinks!
I will freely admit I'm happiest when I'm eating either chips, chocolate cake or mini eggs and drinking Dr Pepper and will eat loads when I'm feeling blah. So why not eat the things your supposed to feel "guilty" about eating, who cares about that silly diet your on, junk food is where it is at!

3. Listen to your favourite songs and artists!
Most people say sad songs make you feel better, I don't get that In fact it makes me a whole lot more depressed, listen to those cheesy but always make your smile songs on full blast. Forget the neighbours, who needs them? For me I'll be blaring out Mcfly or The Arctic Monkeys!


4. Watch your favourite comedy films or tv programs!
Now I hate crying but if I need to I will watch Marley and Me so I have that excuse and then will watching something that has me crying with laughter, hey New Girl, How I met your mother and just go with it! OR watch something with Channing Tatum in it, how can he not make you feel better?!

5. ANIMAL PUNS!
Now its probably only me with this one, but they instantly cheer me up. How are animal puns not funny?! Simple things!


6. Buy yourself something pretty!
For hours I can search the Internet bookmarking dresses/shoes/bags ,well everything, and I always feel great when I've placed an order and I know I have something coming my way AND you don't have to even leave the house, what is this sorcery?!

Dress - Topshop 

Love 
Courtney x



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad! They never fail to cheer me up, pininterest and images is the best for them!x

      Delete
  2. Lovely!
    http://balearaitzart.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete