Friday, 13 September 2013

My Week - A college edition.

In a few previous posts or on twitter I've mentioned about going back to college for a further two years, to study on a Fashion and Clothing Course. When I was younger, to me fashion wasn't something you could possibly make a career out of it, it was always the usual doctor, dentist, office job, lawyer etc. But now a days there is far more knowledge and chances to work in this sector, so I had an idea I would do a "what I've done this week - College edition." So students finishing their GCSE's or have done a year or two already at college, could get an idea on my thoughts of the course and the things we've done that week! 

Week 1 


My timetable consists of graphics, pattern cutting which is basically everything, textiles, theory, photography and drawing/mixed media.
 I officially started college Monday, in which we did a a basic induction to sewing and using sew machines. 
Tuesday we had to make a fly top out of old trousers and a tshirt, which I felt they had thrown us into the deep end a little but it was a lot easier to make. Although I'm not too keen on the design, I'm impressed I actually made it with little help. We were also introduced to our graphics class and we had to create a blog to display our graphic works, www.sdcfcr.blogspot.co.uk, it's a complete failure and I could not do it to save my life! 
Wednesday we made a start to our dress made out of rubbish, which for a minute looked like a hooker dress. We also were introduced into photography and litterally spent a 2 hours taking silly pictures of ourselves and putting it onto a photobooth layout. 


Thursday we finished our group dress of rubbish and this was our final product. I think if the bag was made of something other then card, it would be something I'd think about buying myself. 
Friday is usually our day off, along with Mondays now due to a late timetable change, but we went to the Rowans Hospice warehouse in which we help sort through donated clothes and picked an article of clothing for a future project. 

So far I'm really enjoying the course and I think I will continue to, which is a massive difference to my last course! Fingers crossed!

Would anyone be interested in a what's in my bag - college edition?

Love
Courtney x 




No comments:

Post a Comment