Sunday, 3 November 2013

A bid to get organised!

You may or may not know but I have a difficulty with organising! I plan nothing I leave pretty much everything to the last minute basically "I wing it and hope for the best!" this is becoming a life motto of mine. My new years resolution was to get organised and its probably going to be the same for the new year coming as it completely failed. 

So in a bid to organise my blog, college work and my life, I wrote a list of things in which I can do that applies to both my life and blog and I have already started a few things this year, buts it best to start in the new year right? A fresh start and all that? 

  1. Use your phone calender - This is probably the easiest one to store dates and times because it's always with you whether you have a different bag that day or you don't need to carry one at all. It's also the only one that you are able to set reminders on and it will notfiy you the time an day you want it too, never missing due dates or important dates again! Genius right?! You can also get apps that do a similar thing free or at a price!

  2. Buy a diary/planner -  writing everything down is a great way to reinforce important dates, notes, plans to your brain. Well for me it is. Make having a diary something you use everyday of your life writing down not only writing when work is handed and due but social aspects of your life too! Not only that but you can colour code to which is always a plus right?! Also its great for blogging scheduling too, I do wish there were diaries which had blogging sections in, someone get on it please?!

    There are some great designs out there which is great, so you can having matching ones to the rest of your stuff maybe? or mismatched and just designs that you love!

  3. Use a calender or a white/black board - I think almost everyone gets a calender at Christmas right? Mainly because they come with such a variety of themed ones, you can either have your celebrity crush or your favourite animal. However saying that I don't think I ever used one except when I was younger and I wrote my own birthday in it, like I would forget?!

    I think using a white/black board is such a good idea, because they can be anywhere in the house and are easy to jot down reminders and then wipe them off when they are not needed. I'm actually thinking about creating my own blackboard which I can hang in my room, which may be be in a later post.

  4. Get a notebook dedicated to your blog - I found this was the easiest one to bring straight into my life as its not dated like a diary or doesn't require moving around of my room, I've found I've really taken to using it! If I don't write a blog inspiration down I forget it and kick myself later for not writing it somewhere when I'm trying to remember it!

    I also got a separate notebook for college to write down upcoming events, deadlines, what I need to prepare for, to do lists, inspiration and just notes!



     
  5. Create yourself a work space - Find somewhere you are able to work, without a distraction, with plenty of room! This can either be a desk in your bedroom or if you have a study.

    This is probably the hardest for me because I don't have the space for a desk or somewhere to keep all my stuff, I also have to share a bedroom, so there is always a distraction.

  6. make sure you keep everything in one place - this definitely links with the above one, however if you're like me and don't have the space for a dedicated working area then this is one that is best for you. Making sure everything together means you wont be looking everywhere for something and there is little chance of getting something lost; as looking for it would be delaying you and make you feel like you've been doing something for ages. That's a problem for me things get tedious after a while and I lost interest.
  7. Don't procrastinate! I, Courtney Reid, am a procrastinater and I'm making the first step and admiting I need help! I leave everything to the last minute and I can be distracted by a noise almost a mile way. A slight exaggeration but you get my gist.
  8. Set time to do your work - Set time do the work , whether its college work or blogging! This is something I've never been able to stick to, I do college work when I feel like or I'm inspired!   
  9. Use a software like Google Drive - I only recently just found out about this but from my understanding its a software you are able to access from any computer, tablet via app and you are able to save work from where ever you are onto it. So it's definitely handy for accessing any work that you may need to do from home!
  10. Schedule blog posts - Deciding what day your going to blog, what type of post you're going to be doing that day is. Remember to make it realistic or you wont stick to it! I've found that its important with a blog and is something I've really tried to stick by over the last month, it really helps to know what type of blog post your going to be doing and it gives you an idea of what you need to do!

    So you heard it hear first starting officially from the new year, although I am trying to stick to it now, my blogging schedule!

    MONDAY - OOTD
    TUESDAY - OOTD
    WEDNESDAY - BEAUTY
    THURSDAY - OOTD
    FRIDAY - OOTD
    SATURDAY - VIDEO OR OTHER
    SUNDAY - VIDEO OR OTHER
Lets hope this motivates me and helps any of you guys out? What are your organisation tips?

love
Courtney x


7 comments:

  1. I have a white board in my room- it is so helpful for remembering things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to get one since last year and just never have!hahaha

      Delete
  2. I use the post it notes on my laptop for my to-do lists and everyother type of list to organise is on the notes of my iPhone.. My uni timetable is synchronised into my iPhone calendar too which is seriously helpful!
    The thing that I find the hardest to be organised with is Christmas. I really should start thinking about it now but always end up leaving it last minute!

    www.kayspray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave everything to the last minute I feel your pain!

      Delete
  3. Great post I always use my diary to organize things or my phone x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending me your link on Twitter! :)
    I can relate so much to this post. I always leave things to the last minute too! Aaah x

    http://teacupsandbluebells.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad it helped a little!x

      Delete