Friday, 6 December 2013

Hanging Heart DIY #bigblogmasproject day 6


I made a couple of these a few weeks back and felt they would be perfect to share with you as part of the #bigblogmasproject. I think there perfect for either all year round hanging off your wardrobe or bed, in shops there often filled with smellies which would be easy to do as well. This could either be for  a Christmas present or a decoration, I think homemade gifts are lovely and just add such a personal touch and it's super easy for those with little sewing experience and only takes up to half hour going at a slow pace. Bonus! 

What you need?


  • A heart template, I just printed one off the computer,
  • Fabric of your choice I chose candy cane and holly printed fabric form fabric land. 
  • Pins, these are optional but makes it loads easier! 
  • Fabric scissors 
  • Stuffing, I just used the inside of an old pillow that was about to be thrown out. 
  • Ribbon
  • needle 
  • Christmas album because you cant be doing Christmassy things without oh I wish it could be christmas everydaaaaaaaa, blaring in the background for a good ol' sing'a'long!



Pin the template to the fabric and cut around it. I folded over my fabric to make it quicker, so I wouldn't have to cut out two parts separately. My hands look like they've aged a hundered years in that picture! 

    

Make sure that the wrong side of the fabric are facing the inside, place them on top of each other and pin together, a cm away from the edge, leaving room for the ribbon.



Thread the needle with the ribbon. I started from the bottom of the heart, in the corner, up one side to midway of the top curve of the heart. You can see what I mean better in the picture below. 


I got to hear and started to stuff the heart, it can be as much or as little as you like. There is probably an easier way to do this but I found this worked for me. Once your satisfied with the amount of stuffing sew the rest of the way round. Here I inserted the loop to hanging it from but you can add this at the end as well. 

Once you've done find somewhere to hang them so they can look pretty. 

So that is my first ever DIY post, I wasn't too sure how to photograph so I hope this okay. I'd love to know your thoughts and if you are going to make one or have before. 

Love
Courtney x






2 comments:

  1. How cute are these! Great post Courtney :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are super cute! So easy to make too which is a plus in itself! :)x

      Delete