Thursday, 26 June 2014

Summer starts now

Image found on Google 
If you've followed my blog for a while you'd probably know that I started another college course, last September, studying Fashion and Clothing today I finally the first year. Thank God! so I thought why not share my expert knowledge of college after being their 3 years now and share the wisdom I've learnt on the way! 


  1. You don't have to stick out a course you don't like for the full length of time! I stuck out a course I hated for two years because I didn't want to quit and feel like a failure. I met some of my closest friends on that course, why would I want to leave them? Although I have a full course grade under my belt, I'll probably never use it again. 
  2. First day? It's really wont be that bad! My first day I literally thought I was going to be sick if I opened my mouth, meeting new people is one of my ideas of hell! But throughout the year I came to the conclusion we had all felt the same, I was worrying for nothing.
  3. Get Organised I never learn, organisation was my problem on my last course and it still is now. Have separate notebooks: for to do lists, a diary, college notes. Use your phone reminders and calendars, they'll be a god send when you get to your final hand in. 
  4. Stay on top of you work even if you hate that particular part This links in to the organisation one, it's the most obvious but once you get comfortable in a class you kind of start slacking (well I do) Coming to the end of this year I was cursing myself for leaving those easy little bits and not doing it at the time or on the way till the last minute, causing me to get a lower grade then I would have liked. My own fault.
  5. Don't let THOSE girls get you down Particularly in an all girls class, you're going to get those girls, those horrible bitchy girls that go quiet when you walk in and sit there trying to whisper there 'opinions' on you and everyone around them. Ignore them, they might make you feel uncomfortable but at the end of the day they're no ones. 
I hope this has helped all you starting college in September and here's to lounging about enjoying the Summer! 

Love

2 comments:

  1. Great tips :) I'll be a junior in high school in the fall so it's time for me to start thinking about this stuff!! xo
    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete