Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Issues us short girls have to face!

So this came about after a twitter conversation I had with Laura about our anger with petite sections or lack of which inspired me to write my own short girl problems list with ones I've personally experienced, I'm 5ft I've suffered all of them.

  1. Having to shop in the petite section : This is annoying for reasons such as A) There is limited choice of clothing compared to the rest of the shop. B) The sizing isn't actually that great just saying. C) It cost loads!
  2. There are shops that don't even have the petite option enough said!
  3. Shopping online is 100X harder: First let me say don't bother if there isn't a petite section or at least have a tape measure at hand. Their clothing is made for giants.
  4. Above knee clothing becomes midi length, midi becomes maxi.
  5. Oversized tees will probably become badly fitting dresses
  6. You have to find someone or learn how to take up everything!
  7. You will probably be belly button height to everyone: Funny story I turned a corner and walked into a boy and I was practically crotch level. This is a horrible moment for an already super awkward person.
  8. When you're in a crowd you will be pushed around and will become sympathetic towards ants.
  9. Years 7s will be taller then you admittedly year 7s have been taller then me since I started secondary school, I'm now 19. Not cool.
  10. You can't reach anything which means you will have to awkwardly ask someone to do it for you.
  11. You will be made to go in the middle seat when the car is full. Just accept it and move on.
  12. You will attract obvious comments like "omg you're so short" If I had a pound for every time I was asked that! Or the not so funny comments like "Where'd Courtney go" "Whoops didn't see you there"
  13. your view will always be blocked wherever you go! There will be some giant that will stand in front of you when you're trying to see something. Or they'll be sat there when your at the theatre or the cinema. Concerts just don't even bother.
  14. You'll always be made to go at the front for group photos
  15. Height knocks years off your age apparently
Hope you liked this little fun post and leave a comment below of any others you suffer from! 

Love

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh having to sit in the middle seat of the car! I have always had to do this, even though as the oldest i reckon I should have priority but 'cos I'm smaller than my younger sister I still have to sit in the middle! Not being able to reach stuff is annoying too - when I worked in a shop I actually sometimes had customers offer to reach something for me when I was trying to help them or put stuff back! xo
    amber love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, my little sister is taller then me too. Which sucks in itself!

      Courtney x

      Delete
  2. I hate that it costs more to shop in the petite section! It's less material so it should cost less. I struggle with jeans because I'm 5"2 but have long legs so I can't get petite jeans. I want to buy a pencil skirt for work too but all of them drown me! It has its advantages though. I can shop in the kids section to save money and I can slip through crowds easily to get to the front. Plus guys love short girls, we're so cute!

    Sian
    http://theenglisheverygirl.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thats true, I nearly brought a dress in the kids section recently and it was only £8!

      Courtney x

      Delete