Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Feminism!



I know it's not often I do a post like this, but I think its important to write posts about something  you feel strongly about! I've had this post sat in my drafts for weeks now, deliberating whether I should publish or not, which is silly isn't it? Being too scared to openly express your thoughts on YOUR space on the internet. So here we go it happened, I published it. 

Yes I would class myself as a feminist, I said it that dreaded word GASP. I,Courtney Reid, am a feminist. Feminists definitely get a bad name, it's not about man hating, in fact I'd go as far to say if you're a man hater then you are not a feminist at all!  Yes feminism focuses on women's rights but that's because currently women are still a step behind men with rights, but that's not all its about. Feminism means equality for BOTH men and women!

Women should be able to have the chance to do any job they want too, having the same pay men have, certain jobs not being unavailable or not get the job because they might have a baby. There should be no difference between rights because of the gender they are born. Men and women of any age shouldn't feel as if they are unable to part in certain activities or interests because it's "too girly" or "too manly" or because it isn't want society deems correct for your gender. Women should be able to walk down the street without having things shouted at them by men or women, but that branches to a whole other subject.  Men or women should not be made to feel unworthy because of the gender they are born. 

Feminism is about anyone of any gender, religion, background or skin colour to be treated equally. It's not about degrading other people for the way they were born or they way they dress. Feminism is about women NOT abusing other women for their life choices. Feminism isn't about women discriminating men or men discriminating women. Feminism is about everyone joining together to make a wrong right! 

Love 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cute Girl!
    I really like your Blog. Would you like to support each other and follow via GFC?
    It would be so nice. But only if you like my Blog too.

    Greetings Sophia xx

    ReplyDelete