Thursday, 6 November 2014

Packing for short stay tips

As I only went to Edinburgh for only 2 nights, there was only a need for hand luggage. The luggage weight was 10kg, which I think is quite a bit seeing as I went on a holiday this year and the allowance was 15kg. There is also a size requirement but no one checked the sizing until we were coming home from Edinburgh. No one checked the weight of our bags though, maybe because we self checked in? Anyway I thought I would do a little post on packing!


Boots - Topshop / Flats - Primark / Necklace -Primark (old) / Jeans - Topshop / Blue Jumper - Asda / Jumper - H&M / Pyjamas - Asda / Check dress - Primark / floral dress - Vintage style me / Shirt - Topshop (old) / Bag - nans
I thought I was going to really struggle packing with such limited space as I'm one of those what if packers. What if rains? What if there's a freak warm spell? What if I go out? But actually It wasn't to hard at all.

 I tried to keep it as minimal and light weight as possible. I knew the weather was going to be cold, so jumpers and layering was essential. I rolled up the dresses and shirts to limit the space that it takes up. I felt boots were an acceptable space stealer as there was a possibility it was going to rain, I tucked my socks and charger in there to keep it slightly compact. I packed one pair of jeans and wore one pair travelling so I could switch it up if I needed too.  

Miniature time, everything has to be under 100ml and aerosols are allowed in hand luggage as long as its in that requirement. 

Remember to save a little room for any gifts or goodies you buy. Look out for this top to come in future ootd posts!

Camera case - Primark / Tangle Teezer - plane / Bag - Asos / Scarf - Primark / Coat - Missguided
The plus to hand luggage is you're allowed a hand luggage bag then your handbag. Of course my Asos rucksack was my go to choice as its so roomy and I rucksack is my go to choice if I'm strolling around all day or any time at the moment. So you can add any extras that don't fit in your hand luggage into your handbag! Genius no? I also only took one coat to save on space, that was actually pretty risky for me, what if it had rained?!


Hope this little post has helped any of you guys! 

Love


3 comments: