Tuesday, 3 March 2015

BOOK REVIEW - WILD A journey from lost to found


This is not the usual book that I go for, I tend to avoid "sad" books I'm much more into Thrillers/Murder if you know what I mean or the occasional romance (with a happy ending though!) But something about this drew me to it, maybe it was the travelling aspect or the death of a close family member, there was just something about it! 

I really enjoyed it, it's a bit of a tear jerker at the beginning but that was expected it's about her finding herself again after her mother died. I particularly love the travelling/hiking aspect of the story, I find things like that so inspirational that it makes me want to get up and climb a mountain or something. 

It's an easy read, perfect for a lazy Sunday or before bed. It's not to heavy emotional wise and you are really about to connect with Cheryl story and feel like your with her as she's telling you her story or I did anyway. 

I definitely recommend you give this a read and I'll definitely be checking out the film sometime soon! 

Love

3 comments:

  1. I really really really want to read the book! I've already watched the film and it was fantastic! I'm not sure how much they left out from the book (I'm sure it's quite a bit tbh) but nevertheless, the film was still wonderful. Cheryl's journey was a tough one, but it really makes you want to go on one yourself. Definitely watch the film! And I'll be sure to read the book!

    Great post.

    Abigail | Cheers to Now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll definitely check it out then! :)x

      Delete
  2. I thought this be one of those stories thats worth a read opposed to just seeing the film. Everyone loves a good cry aha!
    Caroline xx
    www.seekingellejay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete