Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Trying to figure it out #1 - Life after college?!

Here is a start of a new series on my blog, from the title I'm pretty sure you can kind of guess where I'm going with it! Basically it's called "Trying to figure it out" (duh) where it all gets deep, it's basically going to be my ramblings and thoughts on my current dilemmas and tips on how to get through it? etc etc.


Image found on Pinterest 

Life after college?! 


Hi my name is Courtney, I'm nearly 20 and I have no idea what I want to do with my life; that's ok right?! Because it sure doesn't feel that way to me. I feel like I'm miles behind everyone else with it all, I'm feeling a bit life a let down, pressured and just bloody confused. 

Here's what I do know: I'm finishing college in the next couple of months, I want a career not a job, I want to travel the world, I love fashion and animals and I REALLY don't want to make the wrong choice! 

I thought I was set with the uni route, I thought on my fourth year of college (I've done 2 years FYI) I finally had it all figured out. I thought I knew what I wanted to study, where I was hopefully studying and how I could do it. I was just waiting on that dreaded UCAS say so. 
Then I go and have what I feel is a bad interview and that blows it all to pot! What If I don't want to do this course any more? Do I actually want to do uni? Shall I take a gap year? get a job, save money and do a little travelling before starting uni the following year? Then I get thinking I'm just feeling this way because of the interview that I haven't heard back from yet so I actually have no idea if it was bad or not! All I do know is that uni wise I have a certain amount of time to decide when all the uni's decisions are in. I just really don't want to make a decision that I'm going to regret a couple of months down the line! 

Honestly I have no idea and I'm trying to remember that it IS ok! I'm not even 20 yet (2 months to go) I have my whole life ahead of me still, why am I worrying?! 

I'm just trying to figure it out!

Love

13 comments:

  1. I feel you, I'm 22 and took two semesters (possibly 3 now) off to just do what I really want. Blogging is my thing so I'm majoring in journalism, however, there were problems there so I decided to take a break.
    I've added more time and effort into my blog which grew much faster than before.
    And don't worry about that interview; I've had them before and I can tell you that it's best to do what you want instead of worrying about getting a phone call back. :)
    And just a little reminder; careers are more about who you know than where you studied. Unfortunately, a degree can't do anything for you anymore unless it's within science and/or medicine.

    Vegetarian Courtesy


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, reassurance is always nice. Haha! Good luck with your degree!

      Courtney :) x

      Delete
  2. You really shouldn't, you have all the time in the world. Just try to find the things you love and focus completely on them.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I just feel older then I am really am haha!

      :)x

      Delete
  3. Coming from experience, I wouldn't rush if I was you! As my tutor says "Education has no age limit." I started work after secondary school and never went to college until last year, 5 years later and now I'm working towards a career path I didn't realise I love until now, teaching! SO this intuition, listen to it and see where it takes you. If you end up somewhere you don't wanna be, just turn around and try again! :)

    ordinarilyquirky.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm glad it all worked out for you! I think because I carried a second course and some of them are younger I feel older then I am! :)

      Courtney xo

      Delete
  4. Definitely know how you feel! Just dont rush into things and you'll be okay. I'm 21 and nearly in my last year of university and I'm still a little unsure with what I want to do. Scary to think the time is approaching where I'll actually be out of education. More horrifying than a little scary actually!

    Sam, SPRKSAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always reassuring to know I'm not the only one haha, I'm too young to know what I want to do with my life, I swear! Good Luck with your degree! :)

      Courtney x

      Delete
  5. Hey,
    I really really like your Blog! Interesting Posts. Do you want to support each other and follow via GFC and/or Bloglovin? That would be awesome and I hope we stay in Touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    Instagram: sophiaton_
    Blog: www.sophias-fashion.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I'll definitely check it out! :) x

      Delete
  6. You are still quite young, so don’t be pressured to do the things that you want to do in a hurry, as you still have a lot of time left to do all of those things. But since this post has been posted months ago, I just wanted to know, how have you been? Have you already found a job and started working? Or are you still taking a break? Good luck to you and your career! Always remember to never rush things.

    Celine Goodson @ RMS Recruitment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm trying to remember that. I've decided to take a gap year get a bit of experience and hopefully travelling and I'm still looking for a job at the moment :)

      Delete