Thursday, 30 April 2015

Book Review - The sewing book



I got this book from Homesense but I've got one linked here!

I study fashion and clothing at college, which includes pattern cutting and creating my own designs and what I could also be studying at university. I really wish I had this book when I first started at college.

 It's full of tips, how to's suitable for both a total beginner or someone who has a little experience and just wants to broaden their skills or learn new things. It's a book that is easy to read and get your head around, the wording and photography is so clear. Sometimes I find that tutorials are worded in a way that just seams to confuse everything, when I'm learning new skills I'm a visual learning and like to be shown how it's done, but this is super easy to understand. 

It ranges from technical bits like stitching, or button holes and zips, to pattern cutting, to sleeve and collars and loads more. It's definitely a book I would recommend on getting your hands on if you're going on to study fashion at college or if you're into making your own clothes. 


Love

2 comments:

  1. Ok! I am a total beginner and would love to start sewing. When I took sewing in school, I was so naturally bad at it that I didn't let myself continue with it. I regret not at least trying and learning how to be better.

    I'll look into this book! I am so glad you shared it ~

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated it at school too, but I really enjoy it now! I think this book would be perfect for you, if you get it let me know how you get on!

      Courtney xo

      Delete