Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Just getting through #2 - Everything happens for a reason!

Everything happens for a reason - 

One of the hardest things to be mindful of
Found on Pinterest

So I didn't get into my first uni choice and actually I'm not as disappointed as I thought I was going to be! Maybe because I knew it was doomed as soon as I walked out of the interview? But It's obviously them that's going to be missing out and not me. I guess it just wasn't meant to be! 

Ok so it doesn't really help out with my current life crisis, I'm terrible with major decisions ok, which you can read all about here, but at least a little of the pressure has been lifted of my shoulders, right?! That choice wasn't really the most practical one when I really think about it. 

Anyway it got me thinking about the saying 'Everything happens for a reason.' I'm a strong believer in fate, what's meant to be will be and all that jazz and I honestly feel it's true. I mean there's a little more to it, but lets not get all deep and spiritual today.

When I started my first college course, I had actually planned to go to a different college altogether and then circumstances interfered and I went to my current one. I would never have met my closest friends! While I didn't actually end up liking that course, I discovered what I wanted to do with my life career wise and If I hadn't chosen to do it I would never have found out about my current one. Which actually started up the year my course finished, it was pretty superb timing and now I've found a sector that I enjoy and want to have a career in. Is that not evidence it works? It's only small ones and I could go on for hours about other examples in my life but there the most current and to topic. 

My point is that things may be disappointing or not have gone as planned or the results you were hoping for. But that's ok because maybe your life was not meant to go in that direction and there is something even better waiting for you around the corner. 

It's perfectly fine to mope for a little but pick yourself up and remember it's not the end of the world! 

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment