Friday, 26 June 2015

I'm going vegetarian

  Words to create and express an emotion of inspiration and rational thinking� / #believe


This isn't going to be me forcing opinions on, I hate people who do that vegetarian or not. I'm sure I'll have people informing me of their opinions at some point. This is just me informing MY blog of a decision I have made and I thought it would be interesting to document it a little! 

Going vegetarian has been something I've thought about for a really long time, I'm a massive animal lover and the welfare and animal cruelty is important to me, but I'm also a fussy eater and eliminating more food from my diet probably isn't the best idea. I honestly feel its just a natural progression for me! 

It was a build up of a few small things that made me finally make the decisions, a visit to the farm, driving past pigs, animal welfare, generally feeling a little guilt and then finally the killing of that little pig on Bear Grylls's Island. I'm still traumatised!

It's been just over a month now since I started and I'm going to be real with you, I still eat meat but only once a week. This is because I found when I tried it straight of no meat, it was all I thought about but now I barely think of it at all. I read up about others experiences and some mentioned them gradually dwindling it out and that its ok it doesn't make you less of a person.

I think at first I felt that people would judge me for not going full on straight away, but who cares what people think. You do what works for you! Everything I eat now is suitable for vegetarians, I try my hardest to stick to all the other aspects. 


I hope there is no judging going on a and I have full intentions to completely cut out meat.
If you're vegetarian I'd love to know any of your tips and your favourite recipes! 



Love

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Courtney! I made the decision to go vegetarian two years ago, and it's one of the best decisions I've ever made. Like you, I'm HUGELY invested in animal welfare and am a firm supported of Animal Rights. It was during educational sessions where the conditions of animals-turned-food are living in, tortured and outright abused that sparked the flame of this decision!

    It'll be hard at first to completely eliminate meat, but I'm sure with enough resolution and determination, you'll be able to in no time! I think what worked the best for me to stay on track is to remember why I turned vegetarian in the first place; my empathy for animals soar and when I see meat and think about ingesting it, I just remember the pain animals will have to go through for us to ingest them, and for what reason? Pleasure? Sure, but I've got other ways to make myself feel good, like eating healthy with vegetables and fruits!

    I'm a huuuugggeee fan of salads and fruit plates, so I usually gravitate towards those, but tofu and potatoes are huge favourites, too! Do keep us updated, yeah! <3

    May x • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thankyou! :) Thanks for the support and tips, I was sure I'd get a negative comment haha :)

      Delete