Tuesday, 28 July 2015

BE the change YOU want to see

Be the change you want to see in the world - Ghandi
I take no credit for this image I just found it on Pinterest


Now I don't know if it was the Rhodes air or the scenery but I've just felt so inspired. Inspired in the sense of my mindset, my life goals and what I believe in. Wow that's deep.

While on holiday I've been campaigning (for lack of a better word) so to speak to #KeepTheBan to try and create awareness, get followers and my friends to email their MP to try and prevent David Cameron from lifting the ban on fox hunting. It's now been delayed a few months, so that's a victory on our behalf. I don't think I need to explain why I'm against it or any type of hunting for that matter, you just need to see a few pictures to realise it's completely barbaric and for it to even be considered a sport is preposterous. Animal rights is something that's so important to me.

While on holiday I read Everyday Sexism and #GIRLBOSS  (reviews on those to come) and it solidified my already keen interest and how important women's rights are too me and what I want to get out of my life! Maybe it's the combination of these things that made me realise I should Be the change I want to see in the world! 

I came to the conclusion that I don't want to just sit back, wait and hope that the world and man kind are suddenly going to get a conscience or have an epiphany and change the things that I feel need to change. No matter how small or large the things I'll do, I want to be able to stand proudly and say I stood by that cause. That I helped change that law or attitude towards animals or women or anything else that pops up in the future. I will be one of the voices that stand up for animals because they can't. I want to be a badass women and say I didn't just accept how life is, when it's completely naff. I will be one of the ones that will BE that change. 

Now I don't really know the point of this post, maybe it's to try and encourage you to fight for what you believe in. To stop sitting there and thinking well it'll happen at some point or even think there's no point in doing it because it'll never change. Isn't just attempting to change something or standing up for what you believe in an inspiration in itself?! I think so! 

So yeah that all got pretty deep, I'd love to know your thoughts!
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment