Wednesday, 1 July 2015

What college has taught me?

/
2/3 pieces of my final collection 



It's finally come to the end of my college course, 4 years I've been at college and completed 2 different courses, so I think I can safely say I have learnt a lot! For the first two I studied Animal Management, and although I love animals it just wasn't for me and the last two years I've been studying Fashion and clothing and anyway I thought this would be a fun little post to write. 


  1. I still have no idea what I want to do with my life? and that's ok, kind of, maybe probably not.
     
  2. I'm not organised in the slightest and I should give up trying! I'm a last minute, chaotic type of girl, I'm probably always going to be.
  3. I love animals but I couldn't hack working with them! I get too emotionally attached and I can always volunteer any time I want.
  4. It's OK to NOT have a thousand friends! So I suppose this isn't just what I have learnt since being at college but probably one of those "life lessons" that you learn along the way. I've come to realise that  may be able to count my friends on two hands but I actually like these friends and I know if I'm in need of friends I've got a handful of people I know I can count on.
     
  5. I LOVE fashion and it's definitely a sector I want to work in! I think my blog helped me realise this as well but because I started my blog while on my first course, I think it kind of goes hand in hand.
  6. Screen printing is the bain of my life and I can't cut in a straight line, like, at all!
  7. That I procrastinate a lot! But I am really good at it, so that's a plus right?!
  8. But when I put my mind to it I get my work done to a damn good standard Not to toot my own trumpet and all (is that the right saying?! I dunno)
  9. Props to the processional models and the fashion show organisers out there, who do this all for a living! We've just completed our fashion show and I was in the background helping with the organisation and helping dress models. It was super amounts of stressful, but all went well!
  10. I'm really not cut out for life outside It's no secret I'm an awkward mess in any situation I don't feel comfortable in, something I've learnt throughout my life. Don't get me started on the subject of the bus, people and having to be the first to enter a classroom of people I don't know. 
Love


2 comments:

  1. Aw, congrats on finishing college again! It's so interesting that you did two courses in college! While I do want to try to go into the fashion industry, I'm still really afraid of stepping outside my comfort zone (ie computer science and mathematics); it's always been a dream of mine to run a fashion show and to be the director behind the whole thing despite the stress -- one thing I've learned is that I work well under stress, haha.

    Anyway, good luck with life after college, Courtney!

    May x • THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou again haha! Go for it! What is the worst that can happen? I';m rubbish under stress haha I get all in a tizz haha :)

      Courtneyx

      Delete