Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Book Review - #GIRLBOSS




I saved this book till last, while on holiday, because it was the one I'd been wanting to read for the longest and like I've said a holiday is the perfect time to get books you wouldn't usually read.

I had pretty high expectations from the get go, from the comments I'd seen on twitter and from other bloggers posts and I have to say it doesn't disappoint! I finished it feeling inspired, I want to be a GIRLBOSS or more so I want to be part of that Nasty Girl gang. I think a book is a success if it makes you want to get up and go and make something of yourself.


I love that she's kept it personal to her but full of those life lessons, you know the ones you hear about, the ones that you can take with you throughout all aspects of your life. I read a comment somewhere that they felt she came off as a bit braggy. 

But I don't think that's the case at all, she doesn't hold back, she's honest and really just answers the questions we wouldn't feel comfortable actually asking. She's proud of the company she's built and why not?! She's gone from a shop on ebay in her own tiny place to the owner of a multi millionaire company on her own with no business background or college/uni education. Hell I'd let everyone know about that accomplishment in a completely bragging way because, well, why not?! 

This is definitely a book I will keep around and refer back to, it has invaluable information from someone who got both the employer and employee experience. 

If you feel you need a bit of motivation and inspiration in your life, this is definitely a book for you!
Love

No comments:

Post a Comment