Wednesday, 18 November 2015

"Let your freak flag fly"

A few months ago I went to watch Shrek the Musical, which off topic was so amazing, donkey was hilarious. One of the songs was the title of this post, which was basically about how they used to feel ashamed of who they were and how they were now proud to be who they are; you can find the song here. It's funny where you find inspiration for your blog, it truly can be anywhere. I loved the song  and it's meaning straight away, it really stuck out to me! 

When I was at school, I remember hiding parts of my self just small things, like my love of reading, anything really that would make me stand out from my class mates. On non-uniform days I'd find the most 'normal' outfit I could find to avoid any unnecessary comments. Just silly things that were important to me at the time. 

I suppose because I know how cruel people could be, I'd seen it how classmates would torment people because they looked, dressed or were different from what was perceived as cool. Kids/people/women/men can be cruel, we as a society don't like what we don't understand and we hit out. 


But why should we hide those things?! Who cares what people think?! The things that we like, how we express ourselves are what make us US and there is definitely nothing wrong with a bit of wacky. Go out and Celebrate the things that make you individual, if everyone was the same we'd truly live in a boring world. "The things that make us special are what make us strong" Really what would we talk about?! 



So let your freak flag wave, let your freak flag fly!

Love


No comments:

Post a Comment