Tuesday, 26 January 2016

A chunky vegetable stew - recipe


I'm no chef in fact the only things I can cook are boiled potatoes, veg, beans and potato slices. But now I'm vegetarian I've been trying to try new things and coming up with variety for my meals. I'm definitely a do as little as possible and have a delicious meal kinda girl and this Chunky vegetable Steop ( not quite a soup but not quite a stew, so naturally it's now a Steop) is the perfect recipe!


Potato // Sweet Potato // Celery //Carrots // onion // 2 garlic cloves // broccoli // 2 tinned chopped tomatoes // 3 vegetable stock cubes  // 600ml water (or a little more if needs be) // salt // pepper //  
  1. I didn't do any precise measurements when it came to the veg, doing it all really on eye and if it looked enough. Prepare the veg and put all ingredients into a stew pot
  2. Put onto boil and after it's starting to boil turn down to simmer for about 45 mins or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked!
  3. We paired ours with tiger bread then you're good to go!



That really is all there is to it, super simple but incredibly tasty.This was my first time cooking a vegetarian for all the family and it went down incredibly well, I'm definitely going to be making again!If you recreate this recipe I'd love to know and see, just tweet me @courtneeeyj or instagram me a picture with @courtneeeyjr
Love



No comments:

Post a Comment