Saturday, 7 January 2017

Why I want 'Good Vibes Only'


Earlier this year I wasn’t in the best place and while I felt like I was fine at the time, looking back now I really wasn’t that happy. I was letting my social based anxieties get the better of me and my self esteem and body confidence was at a low.  But it wasn’t really till having a chat with my mum and she highlighted the changes she’d seen in me over the last year that I really realised it myself.

It’s all really came about over the past year once I really became interested in Crystals, spirituality, Buddhism, positivity but particularly the Rules of Attraction. Which basically is what you’re thinking and feeling, what you’re putting out into the universe is what you’ll get back. I really feel like it’s played a big part in feeling happier within myself.

When I talk about being positive and only surrounding myself with good vibes. I don’t mean ignore what’s going on around us and around the world. Be vocal if you feel something is injustice and wrong, especially with how the world is currently. Nor am I suggesting not being vocal about the bad day you’re having or the problems in your life. We all have them and sometimes all you need is having a good vent on Twitter before you feel like you can move on. By ‘Good Vibes Only’ I mean making an effort to not surround myself with generally negative things, such as social media or people and looking at the world and everything in a more positive light.

I’m making an effort to not judge people on superficial things and we of course have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. I’m making an effort to moan less and see everything in a more positive light. Instead of thinking I can’t, I’ll be thinking I will! I’m not forcing myself to be around people and do the things that make me unhappy.

Social media can be full of the nicest things and people and then on the other spectrum it can be bitchy and an uncomfortable environment to be in and witness and it was really starting to affect my mood and I just didn’t want to be around it. Don’t force yourself to be around the people or the things that get you down. You don’t deserve it. Surround yourself with only the things that make you happy and make you number one.

I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Love
Courtney xo

9 comments:

  1. It's amazing what our mummies notice! I'm glad you've found an interest in these, I'd love to be more spiritual and positive this year x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is sometimes we need someone else perspective ☺️ Give r a go, it's definitely made me a happier person within myself x

      Delete
  2. Completely agree with you. I think people are getting too caught up on social media nowadays and sometimes they forget that although people just show some part of their lives online, there's still a person behind that account. Surrounding yourself with positivity and people who truly believe in you is extremely important.

    Just came across your blog, and I'm following you on GFC. If you could follow me back that'd be great! :)
    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I'm glad you enjoyed it thanks for following x

      Delete
  3. I definitely think the world needs more 'good vibes'!
    It is so. so incredibly easy to see a snapshot of someone's life and jump to conclusions that really have no basis. Social media has made it so easy to infiltrate and comment on peopel's personal lives and nearest vulnerabilities if it is out there for the world to see.

    I often take social media days-off. No access to the online world- for one day. I often found myself falling into an endless scrolling time warp and one which I couldn't escape from easily.

    If only people manifested half as many good vibes as they do bad.

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found getting rid and taking a break really helps too! I definitely believe you receive what you give out! Thanks for reading I'm glad you enjoyed it ☺️ Xo

      Delete
  4. Yaaay for the Good vibes only rule! :) I also need more positivity and optimism in my life so very happy to hear that there are other people who are leaning towards making this World a better place. :)
    Madara
    Lookforsmile.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much rubbish in the world we can't control, why put up with the bad we can control when it just makes us unhappy? It's definitely made me a happier within myself! Thanks for reading x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you all of them good amazinh vibes! ♡
    Dripdrip✧・.・゜

    ReplyDelete